Useful Health and Homecare Links
Nursing and Midwifery Council
The NMC exists to protect the public through setting standards of education, training, conduct and performance so that nurses and midwives can deliver high quality healthcare throughout their careers.
Registered Nurses supplied by Draycott Nursing and Care undergo a rigorous recruitment process including validation of current NMC registration. All of our Registered Nurses are required to comply with the Nursing Midwifery Council’s Code of Professional Conduct.
Nursing and Midwifery Council - www.nmc-uk.org
Care Quality Commission
We are regularly inspected by the Care Quality Commission.
Care Quality Commission national correspondence
Newcastle upon Tyne;
To visit the Care Quality Commission:
103 - 105 Bunhill Row
Telephone: 03000 616161
Care Quality Commission - www.cqc.org.uk
Local Government Ombudsman
The Local Government Ombudsman is an independent organisation which deals with complaints which cannot be resolved through an organisation’s complaint procedure.
PO Box 4771,
Telephone: 03000 061 0614
Social Services Department
When required to do so we deal with the Social Services Department local to our clients.
Further information can be found here:
We hope these additional links will prove useful:
- Age UK - Improving later life through information and advice.
- Dementia Pathfinders - A social enterprise delivering education and learning for people working in the dementia care field and providing therapeutic care and support for people with dementia and their families.
- Dignity in Care - An organisation which focuses on placing dignity at the centre of care.
- Elderly Accommodation Council - Advises older people about how to meet their housing and care needs.
- First Stop Care Advice - An information service for carers and older people which provides advice on care and housing in later life.
- Grayshott Spa – Draycott Nursing and Care’s recommended partner for health, relaxation and recuperation.
- Independent Age – Advice and support for older age.
- Independent Doctors Federation - An independent organisation for Medical Practitioners.
- My Home Life - A UK-wide initiative that promotes quality and positive change for older people.
- National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People - A charity with a keen interest in promoting high quality activity provision for the elderly.
- NHFA Care Advice - Advice and information for those seeking nursing homes or residential care homes .
- Ransomemobility - A family run business offering a range of innovative mobility aids and vehicle adaptions.
- Social Care Institute for Excellence - A charity which improves the lives of people who use care services by sharing knowledge about what works.
- The OT Practice - A private practice which provides a full range of Occupational Therapy services.
Subscribe to our newsletter
I have no hesitation in recommending our clients to DN&C's services and I am please to reciprocate with our services in a similar way.”
Andrew Dixson Smith, DipFA, Managing Director Care Fees Investment Ltd